Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I updated my portfolio with a new Obama Illustration which I hope shows my growth in the past year since my last Obama painting that you can find further back in this blog.

In addition to the painting I included the sketch and reference so you can see were I begin a new illustration. It is all about the drawing. Once I find a dynamic high quality reference pic I begin sketching. Once I decide on a sketch I do a final drawing. It’s important to answer all questions in the drawing because it is much harder to fix a problem while painting. This drawing answered most questions about what I was trying to do with this piece, but it lacks in tone and lighting. I should have taken the time to really put in the shadows and define the lighting. This drawing is a little lose and sketchy. That’s why I have been drawing so much lately because it will evolve my painting so I end up with a stronger end result. In the future I will post more of the steps that go into one of my paintings including the beginning sketches and the steps to the actual painting process.



No comments:

Post a Comment